Monday, November 2, 2020

 Song #8 Somedays - Music by Regina Spektor and Lyrics by Regina Spektor and Drew Sorrells


Somedays aren't yours at all

they come and go as if they're someone else's days

they come and leave you behind someone else's face

and it's harsher than yours

and colder than yours.


They come in all quiet sweep up and then they leave,

and you don't hear a single floorboard creak.

They're so much stronger than the friends you try to keep

by your side.


Drowning, drowning

I can't help

Not anymore, don't fall don't go away from sight, don't hide


You are just like my father,

I wanna have your baby

I think I'll love you forever

So can I please.


I'm drowning, drowning

I can't help

Not anymore don't go I love you don't run don't hide

I love myself please stay by my side

Don't fall, don't fall, don't run, don't hide

Don't hide, don't hide, don't hide, don't hide


Somedays aren't yours at all,

they come and go as if they're someone else's days.

They come and leave you behind someone else's face

And it's harsher than yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment